Blessing

As our journey begins, here’s a blessing I’m singing, thanks to my friend, Sara and generations before her!

“May troubles be less and blessings be more
May nothing but happiness come to your door
And may you have luck wherever you go
And blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow.

May winds be at your back and sun be overhead
May friends be at your side wherever you are led”.

Walk with blessings

Winds at your back, Sun overhead

My Life is a Satori Game!

So many changes are happening during this transition to Nomadic Lifestyle! I’m grateful for having the words from Satori pop into my head:

“This is a healing dance.”
“I refuse to invest any more energy in my own story.”
“I love myself being in my feelings about this”
Etc.

Seems like my life is a Satori Game!

How about you?

Play Satori

Stepping into a Dream

This is my favorite view in my Ridgerunning Section on the Appalachian Trail. I’ve been by this spot over a dozen times now in my four seasons of working here.

Today, I’m recalling the first time I snapped a photo of the vista.  My dream of walking in service to others was new then!  How I have stepped since then!

My confidence in my message is stronger.
I have clear products to produce.
I have successful clients!
I have a Satori Host Training series.
I am single.
I have invested cash instead of a house. read more

A Radical Moment

I’m in the self-checkout area in Wal-mart. A little girl is screaming. Her mom is livid while feverishly punching buttons, pulling out cash.
Twenty bystanders are holding their breath.
At that moment I shift that world of breathless bystanding, thinking, “I matter. I believe in fulfillment of love in each moment.”

You see, the night before I had let go of the belief, “I don’t matter”, in a Satori game. In addition, all week I  had been distilling my “why” to a fundamental belief in “fulfillment”. Could I act on that right now, in this moment, with these people? In this place? read more

Why I Want to Stay Alive

My brother chose to leave this physical life a few months ago or so it appears. I honor him and accept his choice. Although I don’t know his reasons or what he was trying to leave, it inspires me to discern my own journey through frustration in a miserable marriage.

There I was, feeling trapped in a relationship fraught with criticism, dispassion, emotional abuse, betrayal, loneliness, and boredom. I blamed myself for choosing it. Had I not created it all myself out of my own self-hatred, as I was learning in my Radical Forgiveness training? read more

Reveling in an Experience

I would rather experience something than read or write about it. Describing something that I just did seems to diminish the energy buzz I feel as an activity I enjoyed ends. Maybe that’s why I’m not much of an adventure journal writer. After a  full day’s hike, I want to lie in my sleeping bag and keep feeling the energy coursing in my body. The events and timeline of the day flow together in a tapestry of sensory delights. Reducing them to words seems trite and almost irreverent.
Maybe tomorrow I’ll tell you about it- about walking with 10 other Nature explorers using all of our senses as darkness crept over us and the colors turned to grey.
For now, though, I choose to rest and integrate the tingling thrills of awakening my senses in a physical conversation without words. read more

Two Days ’til Nomadic Lifestyle Begins: Relieving Stress

I have a confession to make about this countdown! I planned in a few days of “cushion” time, knowing that if I used my drop dead final day for leaving for my new job, I’d be in the state I am today on my truly last day!  Well, that was smart!  I had planned to use that cushion taking an extra trip up to the Len Foote Hike Inn, prepared to need the days for unfinished moving business.

As I had suspected, my fictitious penultimate day has me feeling stressed, on the brink of my Stress Syndrome, when I feel nauseous, headachey, cold, and sleepy!  This time, I caught myself slipping into it and addressed it. Instead of eating carbohydrates that I crave, I ate a salad with living sprouts and nutritional yeast (for the B vitamins). I breathed into the day, and did a Radical Forgiveness “Emerge-n-See” process, those 4 magical steps to energy shift. read more