Reveling in an Experience

I would rather experience something than read or write about it. Describing something that I just did seems to diminish the energy buzz I feel as an activity I enjoyed ends. Maybe that’s why I’m not much of an adventure journal writer. After a  full day’s hike, I want to lie in my sleeping bag and keep feeling the energy coursing in my body. The events and timeline of the day flow together in a tapestry of sensory delights. Reducing them to words seems trite and almost irreverent.
Maybe tomorrow I’ll tell you about it- about walking with 10 other Nature explorers using all of our senses as darkness crept over us and the colors turned to grey.
For now, though, I choose to rest and integrate the tingling thrills of awakening my senses in a physical conversation without words. read more

Two Days ’til Nomadic Lifestyle Begins: Relieving Stress

I have a confession to make about this countdown! I planned in a few days of “cushion” time, knowing that if I used my drop dead final day for leaving for my new job, I’d be in the state I am today on my truly last day!  Well, that was smart!  I had planned to use that cushion taking an extra trip up to the Len Foote Hike Inn, prepared to need the days for unfinished moving business.

As I had suspected, my fictitious penultimate day has me feeling stressed, on the brink of my Stress Syndrome, when I feel nauseous, headachey, cold, and sleepy!  This time, I caught myself slipping into it and addressed it. Instead of eating carbohydrates that I crave, I ate a salad with living sprouts and nutritional yeast (for the B vitamins). I breathed into the day, and did a Radical Forgiveness “Emerge-n-See” process, those 4 magical steps to energy shift. read more

12 Days Til Nomadic Lifestyle: Deeper Release

Even a pickup truck is a “small” container for the things I want to keep. Maybe I’m not 100% committed to this Hiking Lifestyle!

That’s true, I admit. And to clarify, I’m calling what I’m creating “nomadic” which means that I can easily move. At this moment, there are still things I want to keep that won’t fit in my backpack!

But I want them “later”. That’s when I’m finished hiking, when I have a small domicile again.

Or, maybe I just like my stuff! read more

14 Days’til Nomadic Lifestyle Begins: Urgency

Fifteen days sounds infinitely longer than fourteen! There’s something about saying “just two weeks more” that makes the unfinished list look endless and the unsorted stuff look mountainous!

It’s time to step into “through-hiker” mode! On the trail, that means get up early and walk past dark, stopping for only short breaks.

I’m thinking that for moving, it might mean “get more help”! I think the main help I could use is this
         1. Feed me!
         2. Help me sell things
         3. Help me schedule the tasks read more

21 Days to Go! Focus

LoonThere’s nothing that energizes me quite like a nice walk in the woods,especially if it’s in the woods on a long-distance trail!  Walking from the Len Foote Hike Inn back to my car at Amicalola Falls Park Visitor’s Center, I danced down the trail, meeting a dozen fresh hikers starting their treks to Maine.

It’s so heartwarming to me to talk with hikers just beginning their long walk, knowing what they may encounter. I tingle inside in surrogate celebration and inner pride, wishing deeply for their success. read more

Sharing from the Heart Continued

What would I share more of if I’m “COMING FROM THE HEART” without worrying if I’m being judged or if I’ll make money at it? Here are some activities I’ll CHOOSE to share more starting today:

• Stories about walking the Benton MacKaye Trail
  • Satori Games. Playing has been on sabbatical
  • Walks open to others
  • Thirteen Steps to Radical Forgiveness calls

What’s in my way is worrying that I can’t schedule them while I’m out on the trail because I can’t guarantee connectivity. Well, here’s a possibility:  What if the calls happened anyway even if I weren’t there?!!!!!

Here’s to sharing “carelessly”! read more

Benton MacKaye Trail Winter Thru-Hike Slide Show!

Regina, founder of Forgiveness Walks, completed the 300-mile Benton MacKaye Trail during a walk in January, 2013. Follow her journey, photographed by John Lemberg in slides and music.

Please comment below!

Take your own journey!
Walk into YOUR dream!
Let Regina and Forgiveness Walks inspire, train, and coach you to love yourself and your life just as you are, opening the gateway to shifting old beliefs and stories. As you do, vibrant energy, fulfilling relationships, and freedom from your past will fill your life. read more

The Shepherds’ Play Verse

In my heart, a shepherd
In my head, a king
Before the Child together, they offer what they bring
The heart will fire the head
The head will light the heart
The Spirit Child within will know LOVE’S healing art.

Rudolf Steiner

What are your thoughts and reflections on this verse?

Please comment!

Ut hoy!   (That’s the shepherds’ greeting from the play!)