Regina’s Gear Lists
Backpack Contents for Summer
- Trash compacter bag lining the pack
- Pro-lite 3 Thermarest. ¾ length
- Sleeping bag: Western Mountaineering 30 degree down bag
- Extra clothing: fleece cap, long sleeve mid-weight thermal shirt, 1 pair smart wool socks, wind shirt,
- Shelter: Custom homemade silnylon tarp with net tent liner (from Ray Way kit)
- Backpacker’s Poncho for groundcloth and rain gear
- Cookset: 1qt stainless pot with lid, Pepsi can stove, 8 oz. denatured alcohol, foil windscreen, pot lifter
- Food: 1-1.5 lbs per day
- Wash bowl: Small zip-loc lidded bowl, small sponge, 1 oz. bottle of Dr. Bronner’s soap
- Plastic trowel
- Trekking poles
- Water bottles: 3 liter capacity
- Map, guidebook
- Comfort Couch: 12”x14” piece of ensolite pad
- First Aid Kit
- 1 oz. bottle hand lotion, 1 oz.Tecnu
- 2-3 plastic grocery bags for trash or bagging wet stuff
Regina’s Winter Clothing
regina, thanks for the list–and the umbrella endorsement! what’s the weight total of your summer pack?
Where did you buy the power shield fabric used for making your overpants?? Did you use a backpack attachment for the umbrella or did you just carry it with our hand??
I bought my Powershield fabric at Seattle Fabrics. http://www.seattlefabrics.com
Let me know if you want help crafting your pants!
I just carry my umbrella in one hand while using a single trekking pole in the other.
Thanks for your questions!
Leave a comment